Friday, September 19, 2008

No Excuses

I don’t really have a strong opinion about this weekend’s game with the Louisiana-Monroe. And with the markets screaming around me, I doubt that will change any time soon.

Sure, I have Tulane in the three-win bucket. And really, to get to three wins, this is one the Wave probably needs to get. So when the line opened with Tulane favored around a field goal, I was pretty ready to take the Wave.

I do think they’ll win. But the line has now expanded to six- and that is a lot more chancy. The Warhawks have shown, when motivated and in a big spot, they can play a better team close. Tulane is not as good as Arkansas (who the Warhawks lost to by a point)- but Tulane figures to be more engaged mentally than the Razorbacks in this spot.

It feels very rivalry like. The Wave is playing well- near what I figure is the top of their range- but the 0-2 mark Tulane sports probably keeps them from any regression on the effort front. And Louisiana-Monroe has to have this game at the top of their calendar.

Two teams in the same class, playing on a neutral field. Both partisans ought to be in attendance. I guess I would not be surprised if either team won- and although I suspect the Wave will win- six points feels like a stiff price to pay for that opinion.

Labels: ,