Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rebellion

From Don McKee's pen to the NHL's ears:

Maybe watching the Flyers has eroded my confidence in the future of the National Hockey League. Or maybe I just don't understand why any sport would want to imitate soccer.

But the shoot-out has irritated me on face value for a year. Now, after watching the Flyers and Rangers take point-blank shots into the goalie's breadbasket for 15 minutes, it has soured me completely. Deciding a game and (obviously) playoff pairings by using a gimmick that has nothing to do with hockey is annoying.

But at least it used to be exciting. Last Saturday, it was just lame.

I don't care for his further solution- but now there are at least two of us who can find satisfaction in a well played tie than a circus-like resolution. I like when he casually slurs soocer too.