Tuesday, March 28, 2006

For once, someone agrees with me....

Last month, I wrote I thought the Eagles, despite Brian Westbrook, really had to take a long look at taking a running back with their first pick. My brother ripped me for this- and from my e-mail, I know some of you think I'm wrong. But this Fox guy just came out with this prediction- and forecasts the Eagles selecting LenDale White at fourteen.

I am probably the only person in Philadelphia that is not enamored with Westbrook. He does many good things- and can torment defenses. But he also forces you- because he realistically can't handle 20+ touches week after week- to have a quality second back who can expect to play a lot- which the Eagles catagorically do not have.

The Eagles' second back is an important player- and they probably have to commit more talent to that spot than a lot of teams need to. They need to get it cheap- because the guy isn't going to play as much as his talent would indicate. And the only place you can get talent and not pay market-value for it is early in the draft.

Ergo, with the first pick the Eagles select LenDale White. I absolutely think it would be the right move to take him- if he is there.