Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Vote Florida

The BlogPoll is back. Frank Helps You Think It All Out proudly represents Tulane in CBS Sports College Football Poll. The poll is NOT out yet- but ballots are due and below is my submission:

RankTeam
1Florida
2Texas
3Alabama
4Southern Cal
5Mississippi
6Penn State
7Oklahoma
8Boise State
9LSU
10Georgia
11Utah
12Miami (Florida)
13Ohio State
14North Carolina
15Oregon
16Oklahoma State
17California
18Florida State
19Virginia Tech
20Pittsburgh
21Georgia Tech
22Notre Dame
23Illinois
24Brigham Young
25East Carolina


I honestly don't find anything too crazy- but some notes.

Mississipi: The Rebels are a chic Top Ten pick in places- including here (although yes, you can be #10 but fourth best in the SEC). They have a good coach, speed and a schedule that is almost wonderous. The only SEC road games are Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Auburn and Mississippi State- all four are not on any sane Top 25 list. OOC is 4-0: Memphis, UAB, Northern Arizona, SE La. The Rebels could win eleven games.

Georgia: I put the Bulldogs tenth- and if I could I would draw a "line" at this point. Beneath here you could really jumble all the teams and I'd be pretty okay with the result. I'm confident everyone in my top ten is loaded- but after here....

Miami (Florida): This is my "surprise" pick. I got turned on to the 'canes when I was in Vegas at the depth of action they were getting in the National Championship pool. Most people have Florida State in their top twenty- and Miami is only a four point road dog on the road there (a toss up on a neutral field). The Hurricanes win that game- and spend the season in the high teens.

Notre Dame: Schedule continues to be dumbed down- I can see nine wins here.

East Carolina: My C-USA Champion pick always gets my last spot!

Labels: ,