Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Best Rivalry in the 80's

Since I just don’t have too much interesting to say about the Phillies, I’m going off topic. I wrote about Curlin a few weeks ago, and as part of looking for clips to illustrate his career, I stumbled on a lot of great video.

This video below is the 1989 Preakness: Sunday Silence versus Easy Goer- and in my opinion, the best of their four big match-ups: Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont and Breeders Cup Classic. And probably the best “classic” horse race I ever saw- complete with yet another classic call by that American treasure Tom Durkin (ed. note: you can listen to another awesome Tom Durkin call here):



As with any great rivalry, you can’t think of one without the other- the great thoughbred rivalry of the 1980’s. After this narrow miss above, Easy Goer did get the Belmont- setting up this final clash billed as the Race of the Decade:

Labels: , , , ,