Friday, December 22, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Despite his brief tenure here, Jim McMahon was one my favorite Eagles. This blurb in the PDN reminds us all why he defined leadership. Leadership by example:
To former Bears and Eagles quarterback Jim McMahon. McMahon recently established a Web site through a friend and got so many responses from soldiers who requested autographs that he has planned a trip to Iraq after Christmas. McMahon is arranging the trip with Stars for Stripes, a Nashville-based non-profit organization that arranges trips for celebrities to visit military personnel.

Said McMahon: "If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have what we have. I wouldn't be able to be jobless for 10 years, just like I planned after I quit the NFL. I tell our kids they wouldn't have their cell phones and their trips to the mall. None of us would be sitting on our fat behinds on the coach every Sunday watching games. And what do our soldiers get in return? They hear us whine about the price of gas."
Lately, I feel as if I have little bolts of electricity going through my body- as I mentally for the war with Dallas Christmas Day. Obviously, Philadelphia holds two distinct advantages heading into this match-up: we have Jeff Garcia and Joe Gibbs isn’t coaching anything.