Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Final BlogPoll

The Final Blogpoll of the season is out:

1 Texas (39)
2 Southern Cal (1)
3 Penn State
4 Ohio State
5 West Virginia
6 Louisiana State
7 Alabama
8 Virginia Tech
9 Georgia
10 Wisconsin

It was a lot of fun to participate- you can find my ballot and those of this esteemed group of bloggers by clicking through. Congrats to the folks at mgoblog for a slick operation. The lone apostate, Boi From Troy, is excusable- I appreciate hometown bias. Fair warning, Boi From Troi is a bit risqué.

Now, I voted Penn State ahead of Southern Cal- admittedly gaming the system to support those stout men from Pennsylvania. Obviously USC deserves the #2 spot- but I’ll be damned to see Ohio State football surpass Penn State when I have something to say about it.

I’ve also got the Irish in the Top Ten. Those Buckeyes are arguably playing the best team in the country at the conclusion of business- so I don’t mark’em down for that loss. And I think the Irish played a harder schedule than it first looks. Regardless, they are likely better than a bunch of clubs in the Top Ten: WVU for sure, probably Wisconsin and Virginia Tech.